Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an '87 sami with the stock 1.3 in it. As part of an engine overhaul I replaced the stock carb with a weber. My problem now is that I live in Barrow, Alaska. The northernmost tip of North America and we run with very low temps, currently -9F with a dew point of -13F and I'm having problems with the carb icing up in the venturi. Does anyone have a fix for this? The weber conversion kit has no place to install a heat tube.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I know a few of the guys in the UK have used the original airbox and the warm air intake pipe. Your temperatures are often lower so I don't know if it can cater for those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dudleydo,

I saw reference to that kit on a couple of websites. Haven't seen an american source for it. I still have all the parts for the stock carb and airbox. So basically all I'd need is the manifold for the weber end of things. Also, the stock carb had no issues running in these temps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought a weber and ordered one that uses the stock air cleaner for that exact reason. I live in western Montana and carb icing is a big problem here. Cold and moist. Found it on ebay. PK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts