Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have an 08 Forenza and have been hearing the sound of water trickling across the dashboard. I looked at my reservoir and no leaks and best I can tell no leaks anywhere else. What is this and is it normal?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I'm only new to the Suzuki scene, but based on your description, I've seen this with a Toyota, is it most noticeable on start up and for about the first 2minutes after startup.

When you say you checked the reservoir, are you talking about the Windscreen Washer Reservoir or the Radiator Reservoir? If on checking Radiator Reservoir its still completely full disregard my post as the rambling of an ol buzzard, if its using coolant then check under carpets for damp underlay!

My 2 cents for what its worth !

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
See, I'm an ol buzzard with dementia, forgot to say what it might actually be..... grrr now what was I saying.... ow yea

it could be a leaking Heater Core perhaps !

·
Registered
9 Posts
In case you haven't figured this out yet, if you ever park near a tree or other creator of debris, i'd bet money that you're hose that lets the drips out from your AC system/dash is clogged. It's underneath the front of the car, sort of in the middle behind the engine by the firewall. If it feels clogged on the edge, just squeeze it some to work out whatever is clogging it. I have to do this every other year in my Forenza as it clogs very easily.

Symptoms include a sloshing sound in the dash (especially the passenger side). If it gets really full/clogged, water starts to come out underneath the glove box/cabin air filter area and leaves water in the passenger side foot area. Worth checking out if you haven't as it is a very easy fix once you find the drain hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up on that. I’ll take a look and try that out. Sorry for the delay in response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts