Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear diff has sucked water in and now the oil that was in there has turned into a thick past ive had the zuk up on stands one side higher than other then swaped sides got to the point where no more sludge was coming out. filled with cheapest oil to try and flush out by dropping the oil while its hot a few times will this work or is there a oil additive i can get to be able to break down the sludge

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kerosene is a light oil so to speak, so shouldn't damage the seals. If anything the water/sludge can damage the seals.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
When it happens, I just run them for a few miles and then drain and replace the oil. It has worked well for the last 15 years...

I would also look into running an extension on the breather tubes. I have mine run up into the engine compartment. The only times mine get cloudy now is when the outer seals start to go.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats wot happend axle seals let go but didnt leak oil diff was full as i done the oil about 1 month ago but have been doin a lot of mud work as its the wet season

1 - 6 of 6 Posts