Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a Suzuki Vitara 2000 and i have a water accumullation between the first and second floor when it have a lot of rain.Their are certainly some drain holes who are not doing their job.I want to clean those drain holes but i dont known where they are and could not see them well because of the oïl treatment my car receive every years. Where are those drain holes? Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
What do you mean by first and second floors? :huh:

And where is the water coming in FROM? Wouldn't it make better sense to find and fix the leak source?

Rusted out windshield surround or cowl area would be my first suspect areas.

·
Super Moderator
24,207 Posts
If this is in the passenger compartment, then it is best to find out where the water is coming from. The drain holes in the floor are rubber plugs, but are not meant as a 'fix' for water coming into the passenger compartment, particularly as, if you still have your carpet, the wet carpet will cause the floorpan to eventually rust out. Check to see if you have water coming down the firewall into the footwell in the cab. Or, when the weather gets better, having someone put a hose to the car, and see where the leak is. Normally, as Max says, if it is in the footwell, it is coming down the firewall, due to the fact that the cowl is plugged up or the windshield is cracked or not sealed well along the bottom.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The water are on the passager side but not Inside the car.The carpet is dry.The water is really between the surface that the carpet touch and the surface facing down the road.i hope you could understand what i mean.

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
I'm still confused as to where this water collects. :huh:

Running down the inside of the door onto the sill area beneath maybe? A picture would help here.

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
Rocker panel top holes?

Guys...do the windshield cowl drains run-off through the rockers on these vehicles? IF so, I'd suspect that the rocker UNDERSIDE drain holes are plugged with undercoating or debris.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is water only on the passager side, never on the driver sides.Everything around the windsheild seem to be normal.Like i said before i suspect that the oïl treatment that i give every years have clog some drain under the car.

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
OK, you did mention drain holes when first discussing the floors.

I'd poke and prod that rocker underside, using the opposite side as a reference for like hole locations. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry i am a french canadian so there is some English that i have a hard time to understand.Do you mean there is some holes Under the floor approximatelly aligned with the one i show on the picture that could be drain holes?

·
Super Moderator
18,179 Posts
Yes! Possibly not in exact alignment, but holes along the bottom or at the end of the rocker. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, thank you very much for all the informations, i will check it when this long winter will be finish her in Quebec, Canada.Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts