Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody, my girlfriends 07 reno blew the upper rad hose and overheated causing the head gasket to blow. I cut a 1/4 inch off the hose re attached it, filled it up with water and drove it home(10 mins). I put a new napa hose on and drove it a around the block and it started to miss. exhaust smells like coolant and the oil is a little murky. she has 78,000. how is Suzuki with warranty claims? she said she thinks she has a 7yr 100k on it. she should be under warranty until july

·
Super Moderator
18,421 Posts
That would be an extended warranty, if valid. She'll need the paperwork to better determine her coverage and (hopefully) support the claim. :huh:

IF a Dealer supplied warranty, a VIN check at the Dealer may support her verification needs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be an extended warranty, if valid. She'll need the paperwork to better determine her coverage and (hopefully) support the claim. :huh:

IF a Dealer supplied warranty, a VIN check at the Dealer may support her verification needs.
word for word out of her manual.
Suzuki provides this warranty for all new 2007 Suzuki vehicles. this warranty extends the coverage of the powertrain items listed below. needed repairs to powertrain items to correct defects in workmanship or material during the manufacture of the vehicle will be made at no charge for parts and labor. blah blah blah... all warranty period begin on the date of purchase. blah blah blah.... powertrain warranty begins at 36 months 36k and extends to 84 months or 100000 which ever comes first. covered items. engine cylinder block and heads and all internal parts, intake manifold, timing gears......

anyway, the dealer told her that her warranty expired but i'm pretty sure they just don't want the work

·
Super Moderator
18,421 Posts
extends to 84 months or 100000 which ever comes first
84 months (or 7 years) may very well have expired, depending on when the vehicle sold in the 2007 model year (typically in this case starting in Sept of 2006). ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts