Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Suzuki SX4 All grip - diesel which I've had from new. On the whole I've been happy with it except for a few small gripes. Our location has dreadful roads and I've gone through more tyres in 42 months than I've done in over 50 years of driving. I will try never to have low profiles again. I've also had a number of warnings come up - the latest of which is WARNING - PRE HEAT SYSTEM. If anyone knows of what this actually means I'd be happy to hear from you. The car has had regular servicing and shows over 93,400 miles to date.:)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Hi, I have a Suzuki SX4 All grip - diesel which I've had from new. On the whole I've been happy with it except for a few small gripes. Our location has dreadful roads and I've gone through more tyres in 42 months than I've done in over 50 years of driving. I will try never to have low profiles again. I've also had a number of warnings come up - the latest of which is WARNING - PRE HEAT SYSTEM. If anyone knows of what this actually means I'd be happy to hear from you. The car has had regular servicing and shows over 93,400 miles to date.:)
Where are you? what model, year, engine etc all you have told us its that its diesel and done 93,400 miles

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts
Most diesel engines have a pre-heat or glow plug system intended to make them easier to start on a cold day - older diesels had you manually activate the glow plugs, newer diesels do this for you automatically.

A preheat warning is an indication that the ECU has sensed a problem with the preheat system, there should be some sort of explanation in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most diesel engines have a pre-heat or glow plug system intended to make them easier to start on a cold day - older diesels had you manually activate the glow plugs, newer diesels do this for you automatically.

A preheat warning is an indication that the ECU has sensed a problem with the preheat system, there should be some sort of explanation in the owner's manual.
Thanks Fordem, I've driven diesels for many years and was aware of the differences between older and modern systems i.e. manually operating glow plugs and now the automatic system. I've not had any problems with the glow plugs until yesterday when the warning message came up. I've gone through the manual twice looking for advice. All I can find is section 2-94 which shows the glow plug indicator light. No mention anywhere of any warning. The WARNING does not seem to feature in the manual which is why I was hoping that somebody on the forum had come across this. Currently, I'm wishing I still had my old Metro with the battered body which I bought for £30, ran for 4 years with no problems before I gave it up to my daughter. LOL

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
so, tell us what model it is, and what engine it has and maybe someone can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warning Pre Heat System

Sorry, I thought I'd done that, even got the paperwork out to get it right. Make Suzuki, Model SX4 S-Cross 1.6 DDis 4x4 SZ5. First registered November 2015, manual box and currently in South West Scotland.

·
Registered
809 Posts
..Suzuki, Model SX4 S-Cross 1.6 DDis 4x4 SZ5. ... manual box ...South West Scotland.
Write that down in your profile or signature so that it shows in all your posts; otherwise you will be asked again for all of it each time you post or start a new thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts