Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought an imported samurai last week from australia, didnt know it was a samurai, just says jimny sierra on back but someone helped me find out the model. Anyway on a cold start a warning light comes on in the dash (looks like a pipe with heat lines) any ideas people? The light fades in and out and goes off after a few minutes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it only comes on when the engine is warming up then it goes, so is it worth replacing the sensor or ignoring it?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
That seems to be normal, several people have also reported this. I suspect that it also tells you when the cat isn't hot enough, maybe for emissions tests.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The cat overheat light coming on when it's first starting up would indicate that the temp sensor is defective, but if like rhinoman says, it may be normal if it indicates a cold cat. I don't know where you'd go to look for info.. I think it's a JDM item.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just bought a '92 Jimny JA11 and have the same warning light lit up all the time. it came with the original owner's manual and i found the explanation through looking at the pictures, but everything is in japanese so i can't read a word of it. my buddy's wife is japanese so hopefully i'll get a chance to have her translate soon and i'll post what i find out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts