Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got my 2007 Grand Vitara 1,9 DDiS  and I can’t wait to get the suspention up a bit higher. I know that there is a lot of “lift-kit threads” in this forum, but I don’t seem to be able to find the “complete truth” about lifting the GV.

In my home country, Denmark, any modification to the suspension must be done with TüV-certified components. The only TÜV-certified suspension system I can find is the Trailmaster lift kit like this: New Grand Vitara 50mm / 2" Lift Kit - New Grand Vitara - JIMNYBITS - Suzuki Jimny / Vitara modification parts

My questions are the following:

Do any of you have any experience with the Trailmaster kit, and what is your experience?

Will I be able to get the car back to its original wheel alignment with a 2 inch lift or do I need some extra components such as offset bushes or bolts?

What bushings should I use if I have to upgrade from OEM-bushings?

Hopefully you will be able to help me get on with modifying my new car 

·
Registered
167 Posts
No experience with the Trailmaster system but if it is "true" 2" lift you will almost certainly need camber adjusting bolts for the front end and a good chance you might need some offset lower control arm bushes to bring the front castor back to spec. To my knowledge, SuperPro are the only ones making an offset bush for your model.

Cheers
Wes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi..

I live in Finland, so this is equivalent to European Suzuki owners. My friend installed for me Trailmaster 50 mm lift kit in last week and yesterday we checked the steering angles. The front end was ok, but the rear end of the camber could not be adjust because the bushes was stuck down. He recommended buy new stock ones and then try again. The car is 2011 which has traveled 20,000 kilometers. The Trailmaster set includes offset bolts already so you don`t have to buy it. The car goes straight, does not include any clanking sounds and I am very satisfied. The rear end is slightly softer than before. I bought here Trailmaster FW +50mm New Grand Vitara - 4x4-CAR-POINT. 690e including shipping to your home door. I hope this helps...

Very sorry my bad english.....:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts