Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a factory stock jimny ( new model one) had it for a few years now and wanna do a lil upgrade to it, i doh want any noisy ride, just want to boost it without any excessive noise. i wanted to know what i may need to get to do this project such as turbo size,intercooler size,piping, etc.and what the cost might be? also would it be cheaper to get the parts out of the already turbo jimny and just put it in, or can i get new parts and work from there which i would prefer once the price is good, thanks.

]can anyone give me a parts list of everything i may need to do this, i dont want anything big, no fully mod van, just a lil thing to have some fun with, and im keeping the auto tranny as other ppl use the van aswell, so anything else, brake upgrades,engine, suspension, thanks.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if you boost it, you need to stay at low boost pressures... 6-8 psi. If you go over that you need to rebuild your engine with components that can handle the boost, and beef up your drive train to take the extra torque.

Staing with low boost, you won't need an intercooler and you can use the existing turbo that's built for your vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh okk, but what size of turbo might be applicable for that? TD04, TD05? and also even if i put an intercooler ( front mount) would that be a problem or do anything? and also what would i need to do, just reduild a turbo manifold to house the turbo, get a turbo, (intercooler if necessary), some pipe work, and thats it?? would i need to do any exhaust work? or suspension upgrade or brake upgrade?? thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
By what I have read regarding other vehicles, it is a nightmare to start tinkering with custom turbo setups unless you are an expert in the field. People spend a fortune and end up with a mess in the end. I'd say to stick with a factory stock turbo setup unless you have a lot of turbo design and build experience under you belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts