Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had already DIY installed two Headrest HD monitors on my car SuZuKi 2012 so that my family members in the rear seat can watch some wonderful videos whenever we have a road trip.

But you know, it is not so convient to set up the video playback source everytime.

I hear that it is possible to control the headrest monitors and mirror the content with the in-dash heat unit with the full RCA feature.

That is why I am interested in upgrading my car stereo too. Do you know any special aftermarket car radio works best for my car? How to connect it to the Headrest monitors?

Since I have already spent a lot of money on my car already, I'd prefer a cost-effective one this time. Thanks for any suggestions and tips in advance.

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
Not sure in your locale, but it is frowned on to have any front display showing movies..

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
When I read the title of your post my immediate assumption was that you were looking for a head unit with "line level" outputs which commonly use RCA connectors, but that is not what you're looking for, so you need to define what it is you really want - it is possible to use an in dash DVD player with video output and then feed that video out to headrest monitors, but there is no real control over the monitors from the head unit, they will act as "dumb" displays and show whatever is being sent from the head unit.

I suggest you talk to the folks at Crutchfield.com, they specialize in car audio & video systems, but don't expect what you're asking for to come cheap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most of the car stereos can output videos to external screen, by HDMI or RCA. Last summer, I got 2 headrests monitors from XTRONS for my family trip with kids, the had never been that quiet and enjoyed the long trip in a car. my in dash XTRONS stereo( which has been over 2 years old) works as navigation and at the same time streams the video to the backseat monitors. It is a quite good setup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts