Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Vitara 1.4 auto 2019
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 2000 miles on the clock and my new 2019 Vitara 1.4 boosterjet has developed an annoying intermittent buzzing vibration from the instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel. It disappears if I press lightly on the glass or the plastic hood around the instruments. I have tightened the two screws under the hood but no change. We're in lockdown so I can't take it to the dealer. Don't want to resort to a blob of chewing gum. The car is so quiet otherwise that this is disproportionately annoying!

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Dealer, this is a warranty issue

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Ring and lodge it, so its recorded as a fault, you may have to go to your regional or national agent tho

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a similar problem on mine which is coming from the drivers side vent surround (or at least it stops when I gently press on it). The service isn’t due til December so I guess it’ll have to wait.

The car is probably much quieter than my MX-5 so something like a small vibration just stands out more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have a look here

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just 2000 miles on the clock and my new 2019 Vitara 1.4 boosterjet has developed an annoying intermittent buzzing vibration from the instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel. It disappears if I press lightly on the glass or the plastic hood around the instruments. I have tightened the two screws under the hood but no change. We're in lockdown so I can't take it to the dealer. Don't want to resort to a blob of chewing gum. The car is so quiet otherwise that this is disproportionately annoying!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Ive got exactly the same problem with my new 2020 1.4 boosterjet. Did your dealer solve the problem and, if so, what did they do to rectify it? Garages, in my experience, tell you its fixed but you soon realise it has not been rectified.
i would be very grateful if you could give me any information regarding this issue.
Many thanks,
John

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi, Ive got exactly the same problem with my new 2020 1.4 boosterjet. Did your dealer solve the problem and, if so, what did they do to rectify it? Garages, in my experience, tell you its fixed but you soon realise it has not been rectified.
i would be very grateful if you could give me any information regarding this issue.
Many thanks,
John
Yes, my dealer fixed it and it’s still okay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check sunglasses in the sunglasses holder! Believe it or not my rattle sounded like it was coming from the passenger side dashboard area! Strange quirk of the physics of sound travel!

·
Registered
2020 Ignis SZ5 Allgrip Speedy Blue
22 Posts
Wife had same issue in hers, 2019 SZT allgrip. It was the plastic direclty behind the steering wheel infront of the cluster screen. I solved it with small piece of neoprene, cant even see it, vibration only heard at certain revs but was still anoying. All sorted now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wife had same issue in hers, 2019 SZT allgrip. It was the plastic direclty behind the steering wheel infront of the cluster screen. I solved it with small piece of neoprene, cant even see it, vibration only heard at certain revs but was still anoying. All sorted now.
Hello, do you mean the plastic that is between the dash top and the cluster. just behing the wheel that has two screws to hold it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, do you mean the plastic that is between the dash top and the cluster. just behing the wheel that has two screws to hold it?
This part on the pic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok so its the same part going all the way to the top of the cluster that holds in place with two screws (showing at the top) right?
Can you explain in detail what you did exactly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok so its the same part going all the way to the top of the cluster that holds in place with two screws (showing at the top) right?
Can you explain in detail what you did exactly?
So between the clear screen and the black plastic at the centre bottom. That is where the vibration was coming from on our car. Took a small drive and poked around when the vibration was heard and found the area. I then used some neoprene (black) to push in the gap, you can't see it, and that has sorted it for us. Incidentally we are changing it to a new 1.4szt all grip and the demo i drove had the same vibration so looks like I will need to repeat!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts