Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I got a JLX from my wife's dad. It's second hand so i literally don't know anything about this car - you don't ask questions on a present.

Now i have a problem: The A/T will go forward, but sometimes not backward. It seems like the R gear isn't really catching on. Sometimes it works fine, but more and more, when i go into R and step off both brake and accelerator, nothing happens. Then, when i step on the gas really hard, it will slowly move backward, engine whining at very high rev. If i try and repeatedly rev it up high while in Reverse, the tranny will sometimes catch on and the car go flying backwards. From this point on, it behaves normally, until i go forward again and backward again.

Does the AT need to be cleaned (this is an old car after all and i am getting the feeling the previous owner didn't take care of it well)? Or do i need a new A/T?

thanks for any info,

nikster

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm guessing that the car wasn't properly taken care of because if it's from the mid to late 90s, the transmission should still be fine - unless your father-in-law goes offroading. Have you tried taking it to a Suzuki dealer and seeing what they say?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts