Suzuki Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
My apologies in advance for sounding like a complete and utter muppet...HOWEVER, my 15 plate Vitara is in desperate need of some sort of system update for general connectivity I would think.

current software/firmware version is 0811_150130
Do I merely download 1860 onto a usb (if that is the current version for UK and EU).... and bobs your teapot?

·
Registered
9,425 Posts
Hi all,
My apologies in advance for sounding like a complete and utter muppet...HOWEVER, my 15 plate Vitara is in desperate need of some sort of system update for general connectivity I would think.

current software/firmware version is 0811_150130
Do I merely download 1860 onto a usb (if that is the current version for UK and EU).... and bobs your teapot?
for those of us in the rest of the world, please use the year of manufacture, not the UK registration year code.

·
Registered
9,425 Posts
Thanks, makes life a lot easier knowing the actual manufacture year.

As for the update process,

Extract and copy the files without a folder structure on 4gb or greater stick (or SD card, I recommend the SD card its faster than the USB method) formatted to FAT32. Turn on the car, plug it in and let it run if using the USB, if using SD insert card before powering the radio on. Takes about 20mins with various auto reboots.

Be warned, you can brick the radio if its not done correctly.

Plenty of sites explaining how to do it, a search engine is your friend.You will need the correct firmware to suit your head unit, not all are the same worldwide. And no, I don't know which version you need for the UK, sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, makes life a lot easier knowing the actual manufacture year.

As for the update process,

Extract and copy the files without a folder structure on 4gb or greater stick (or SD card, I recommend the SD card its faster than the USB method) formatted to FAT32. Turn on the car, plug it in and let it run if using the USB, if using SD insert card before powering the radio on. Takes about 20mins with various auto reboots.

Be warned, you can brick the radio if its not done correctly.

Plenty of sites explaining how to do it, a search engine is your friend.You will need the correct firmware to suit your head unit, not all are the same worldwide. And no, I don't know which version you need for the UK, sorry.
Wow, thanks for that! Really appreciate it.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts