Suzuki Forums banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used a USB stick. I used the update package 1850.2 zip files which are linked in the XDA forums thread.

Next update I intend to do from an SD card, I already have the 1860 files there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've updated the system to 1850 v2. Works like a charm, with Android Auto included.

The only thing that does't work is the automatic display night/day switch. Does anyone have the same issue? It is only day, and no night when I have my headlights on. I have the automatic headlight enabled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've updated the system to 1850 v2. Works like a charm, with Android Auto included.

The only thing that does't work is the automatic display night/day switch. Does anyone have the same issue? It is only day, and no night when I have my headlights on. I have the automatic headlight enabled.
I found that if the dashboard brightness is turned up to maximum it prevents the Infotainment system dimming at night. I did read something in the manual for my 2017 S-Cross about this, its not ideal as the dashboard display is a bit darker during the daytime than I would like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found that if the dashboard brightness is turned up to maximum it prevents the Infotainment system dimming at night. I did read something in the manual for my 2017 S-Cross about this, its not ideal as the dashboard display is a bit darker during the daytime than I would like.
Thanks, I will see if the Vitara has the same issue. I'll let you know

·
Registered
7 Posts
dash trim removal

I had to remove my info system and found that removing the trim was not as hard as I expected. Starting from the left between trim and glove box carefully prying apart using a plastic tool then gently work along edge with second similar tool once movement is achieved it comes away quite easily. Follow same for top edge. Remove upper exposed screws and there are (if I remember correctly) 2 screws at the bottom accessed after removing trim then the bezel and the hazard warning/ airbag bezel which is attached with more plastic clips take care disconnecting hazard and airbag wiring pushing these forward while carefully clearing locking clips from rear to remove these from bezel. Note that the screen/ bezel and head unit come out together prior to separating screen (which I did not need to do so no idea of how it is held together). Hope this helps and if you are in any doubt stop!!!! and please don't blame me if it goes wrong. These parts are very flimsy and I should imagine fairly expensive to replace.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

I have just bought a Suzuki Vitara 2016 with the SLDA infotainment system.

I have a 2017 maps SD-Card and this works fine.

I intend to buy the latest 2020 Maps SD-Card - they seem reasonably priced on eBay. I saw this one for example for under £40:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/V6MAA...Yt/s-l1600.png

In the meantime I have a few question and would appreciate some help...:

1) Reading online, there is reference to the maps being 'uploaded' from the SD-Card. On my Suzuki, the navigation works fine when the SD-Card is inserted in the slot, but navigation does not work at all without the SD-Card inserted. Is this how it should be - or should the maps be copied from the SD-Card permanently onto the SatNav (as is the case with Mercedes COMAND NTG2.5 and above on my other cars)?

2) The Bosch-branded SD-Cards say 'Maps' while the Suzuki-branded ones seem to say 'Upgrade' - is there difference between the two?

3) If I understand correctly, the latest firmware is 1860.2. Does this cover all Western Europe including the UK, and all languages including English, or do I need to download a specific version of the 1860.2 update for the UK?

4) Am I correct in thinking that the firmware update is always separate to the maps update - i.e. the firmware 1860.2 upgrade is not present on the Maps SD-Card?

5) Will the update affect the DAB - i.e. is there a specific DAB setup for the UK, or are they all the same?

6) Can someone post a link to the 1860.2 firmware that is suitable for my UK car?

Any help or advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just an update.... SLDA successfully upgraded to firmware v1860.2, all went well, and DAB is working fine :)

2019-2020 Maps SD-Card ordered from eBay.

So all good :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi MRmjay

Well done on completing the upgrade!

I can answer some of your questions...... I think!

1. I think the map data remains on the SD card and cannot be downloaded.

2. It's possible the the Suzuki 'upgrade' cards you are referring to are not map data. I believe that some of the lesser models don't have the Sat Nav enabled, and this card is what is used to enable it.

4. As far as I understand, the firmware upgrade is separate to the map upgrade.

The other questions, you have probably answered these yourself now that you have done the upgrade!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just as an update, I now have firmware version 1860.2 installed, plus a 2019-2020 Maps Bosch SD-Card, so all is well! Thank you again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone knows how i can ignore: For your safety the video is off while the vehicle is moving or while the parking brake is not engaged? :mellow:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Someone knows how i can ignore: For your safety the video is off while the vehicle is moving or while the parking brake is not engaged? :mellow:
Are you trying to watch video files while you’re driving ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You have to cut a wire from handbrake to the radio but that will also break gps functionality. I have bypassed this with an on/off switch to control when to enable or disable it.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a solution for typing adress on navigation and play videos while the car is moving? One problem i solved with play videos, i bypassed wire, and i can play videos without handbrake, but while the car is moving, safety message again show on display.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Does anyone have a solution for typing adress on navigation and play videos while the car is moving? One problem i solved with play videos, i bypassed wire, and i can play videos without handbrake, but while the car is moving, safety message again show on display.
thats part of the inbuilt firmware. AFAIK you can disable the video watching by breaking the connection to the handbrake warning, but you can't bypass the moving data input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have to cut a wire from handbrake to the radio but that will also break gps functionality. I have bypassed this with an on/off switch to control when to enable or disable it.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk
Maybe another solution without on/off gps switcher?

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
81 - 100 of 106 Posts