Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my Mrs has a 2018 Ignis which has been great.

And it looks like we may become a two Suzuki household.
Looking at a 2018 1.4S Allgrip Vitara. Loved the way it drives so put a reservation down subject to a couple of small things being corrected.

Tell me I have made a good choice. Lol.

Anything major to worry about? Is it correct that they are a timing chain not a belt?

It certainly has plenty of go and equipment. It's a bit plasticky but all seems solid with no rattles at all.

What sort of MPG can I expect on a real world motorway commute of 30 miles?

Any other top tips?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Bob, welcome, I bought a 1.4 allgrip in January, its been great, wifes car and great in the snow for her. I get about 41 around the doors, so I imagine 50 on a trip, the engines a right pokey wee thing plenty power.
Only thing I found was lack of lumbar support, so the backs of my knees rub on the seat, so I put a black memory cushion at the back of the seat and all well.
I dont know belt or chain, but no faults so far.

·
Registered
Vitara SZT hybrid automatic in Galactic Grey
25 Posts
Hi Bob, welcome, I bought a 1.4 allgrip in January, its been great, wifes car and great in the snow for her. I get about 41 around the doors, so I imagine 50 on a trip, the engines a right pokey wee thing plenty power.
Only thing I found was lack of lumbar support, so the backs of my knees rub on the seat, so I put a black memory cushion at the back of the seat and all well.
I dont know belt or chain, but no faults so far.
Can I ask which memory cushion you bought? The vitara I had last year was great. It was a 2019 model. This one, a new hybrid one, seat feels softer, so I’m getting a bit of backache.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, it's just an old one we had in the house, I tried it to see if it worked and would then buy a proper one, of course it works fine, so I use that one. But there's loads on ebay.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question chaps, the one I have reserved is a 2018 (17 plate) model. Does it have stop/start?

I didn't check on the test drive 😂

Also, the collision avoidance thing does seem a bit over sensitive, even on the short range setting. I have read others saying about this elsewhere, can it be disabled fully??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, does anyone know where the black front grill from this video can be sourced:

The Vitara I have reserved is black, everything is black apart from the grill and I might have to change for this black one if I can figure out where to get it from.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Check that you’re comfortable with the brake radar system as it seems to be the cause of many woes on here.

I reckon on 45 mpg on a run and 35 mpg around town.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check that you’re comfortable with the brake radar system as it seems to be the cause of many woes on here.

I reckon on 45 mpg on a run and 35 mpg around town.
I have experienced this type of system on a Volvo.
It used to do the odd false alarm in certain situations. During the test drive it did beep as I pulled up behind another vehicle at some lights. Maybe it thought I was going to fast. I'm not sure.

Can it be completely disabled??

·
Registered
2017 (67) Vitara 1.4S Allgrip Auto Solid Red. 2020 (70) Ignis SZ5 Auto Tough Khaki Pearl
96 Posts
Yes the 2017 uk spec 1.4t Vitara S does have stop start. And yes the brake support can be a bit oversensitive. Don't think you can disable it never tried. It's a great car so the positives outweighs the very small number of negatives.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the 2017 uk spec 1.4t Vitara S does have stop start. And yes the brake support can be a bit oversensitive. Don't think you can disable it never tried. It's a great car so the positives outweighs the very small number of negatives.
Well I have commited to buying the one I viewed at my local dealer. It has few small marks on the back of the seats, and there was a small ding in a door which they have had removed already using paintless dent removal technique. It's got over average mileage but it's "only" £12500.

So worth a punt I feel.

Full service history, finished in black. Drives really well tbh. Actually quite sporty I felt.

Next query, are there any aftermarket modifications or add ons which people recommend?

Any good websites selling accessories?

Thanks again everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts