Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did the Haunted Stream track in the high country.
25km long, with 54 water crossings. I followed a patrol with a 4" lift, and only had to tackle one exit twice to get up. Hidden rocks in the water was a bit scary, but the underbody protection paid for itself.

When i got stuck going up one exit, i almost freaked when i saw the tyre smoke and steam rising from the front. Rest assured, the GV had no damage :)

Overall an excellent track, but not one i would tackle in the wet.

As usual the steepness does not show on video, and the exit up a wet clay track at the end was exciting :)

Please excuse the quality. I had to shrink the file to upload it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome video!! Thanks for sharing :)

You did great on that exit, when she slipped over into those ruts i knew you had your work cut out for you.....but the second attempt was almost a breeze!

·
Registered
255 Posts
NICE!!! GV's are good offroad.

Just for interest sake, did you deflate your tires before doing the obstacles?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Andy.
After going over that rocky part, it slid the rubber exhaust hangar off, which allowed the exhaust to vibrate on the t/case guard. That sounded like bad damage done, but a simple 2 sec fix just up the track. ;)

And Samaya, i let the pressures down to 20psi. It's always a compromise when you don't have much lift. You want the biggest footprint, but not lose the lift you have.
With all the hidden rocks i hit in the water, an extra 2" of lift would have been handy :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great footage and thanks for sharing.

Same here with pressures. Love the extra footprint and resistence to sharp rocks but hate that sinking feeling as you watch the sills get closer to the ground :(

Cheers
Wes

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great video and capable car :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts