Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some serious vibration that recently developed in my 86 Samurai. 1.3 with weber carb. When taking off it made a thud sound like a broken ujoint would and when I discovered the vibration I thought for sure it was the ujoints. Replaced those and it's still vibrating. Shakes the entire vehicle. It's a fast vibration when slowing down (not while braking) from 20+ mph. So when I'm cruising, let off the gas to slow down (I don't have to hit the brake pedal so I know it's not the rotors) it shakes. When I get down to about 10mph it stops. Lots of vibration in the steering wheel. I believe the transmission mount may be broken because the shifter does shake a bit while idling but I don't think that would cause this rapid vibration and only at certain speeds.

What are some other things to check and how to check them?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update: vibrates while accelerating too. Tcase knob shakes like crazy and if I hold on to it I can tell the transfer case is vibrating badly and is probably the problem. I do have a shackle lift I believe it's 2" do I need to drop the tcase or a driveshaft spacer?

Update 2: I can hear the driveshaft rubbing or hitting something at low speeds it's a clunk sound and it goes faster with speed. Probably another bad ujoint?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man all the knowledge here is overwhelming...I feel like I'm talking to myself. The engine mount is definitely bad. Put a jack under the engine and the driver side moved about an inch off of the mount. Transmission mount also moves back and forth and is pretty squeaky. All 3 were only $30 on eBay. I'll report back...to myself...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts