Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all i have a 1987 samurai and since 2 weeks a go i have a very extrange vibration on my car , the vibration it will only on the first 2 gears ,and the transfer case shakes a lot and is getting hot if you compare with the gear box
if you put the transfer case in neutral and engage the gear box on 2 gear or other gear up like 4 the transfer case it will shake a lot and is making a cracking noise ,
is my transfer dameage ?or should i replace the shaft?
this start from one day to another and i not do off road trips only on the streets
'any of you have this problem before ?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Check the driveshafts...
A loose U-joint will cause shaking and popping noises that can rattle your teeth.It is also a cheaper fix, so it pays to check them first.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello to all and thanks you Bill jhones you were totally correct the one of the u joint on the short shaft( the one that came out of the gear box and go to the transfer case was stock and was not articulating at all, i have an extra shaft and i replaced and know is all god .thanks for you suggestion
is unveliveble how this could make all the car shake
i know that trail tough sell the u joints that is way better that one that sell the atoparts and at a great price too like $20.00 plus shipping and rockiroad out sell the one that are greasable for $16.00,can any of you have use one of this and how good is this greaseble one ,,i an open to your recommendations

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts