Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Shifting to Neutral relieves torque transfer to the torque converter...hence engine vibration..if any...lowers as less "power" is needed to turn only the engine. There is no objection to doing that and in fact, I do it quite often when closing to a red light as this engine/CVT transmission combinaison has excessive engine braking at low speed. (this has been complained about also with other CVT cars). SO I'd rather let it "free wheel" to a stop...

Do you have codes? (check engine light??) What is your mileage ? I'd rather suspect an ignition or injector problem...but is there any loss of power on acceleration ? Did you notice a change in fuel mileage ? And for how long did you notice that condition ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shifting to Neutral relieves torque transfer to the torque converter...hence engine vibration..if any...lowers as less "power" is needed to turn only the engine. There is no objection to doing that and in fact, I do it quite often when closing to a red light as this engine/CVT transmission combinaison has excessive engine braking at low speed. (this has been complained about also with other CVT cars). SO I'd rather let it "free wheel" to a stop...

Do you have codes? (check engine light??) What is your mileage ? I'd rather suspect an ignition or injector problem...but is there any loss of power on acceleration ? Did you notice a change in fuel mileage ? And for how long did you notice that condition ?
Hi thanks for the detailed reply. In response to your q's
...no fortunately no codes or check lights. I have 40K (miles) but bulk of my driving is short distance < 5 miles. No loss of power as far as I can see but then again I tend to accelerate quite slowly, for some obsessive reason like to keep the RPM < 3000!

Right now mileage is relatively low (25mpg) but I attributed that to having the heater on. I usually see it going down over winter (I'm in NC, not too cold, but cold enough to need heater)
O/w I get 40 on highways and about 28-29 overall.

how long has vibration being going on? I don't know, I have noticed it for the last 6 months or so, I think.

Have done oil change ever 4K miles or so because of the short duration of my trips.

Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Oh dear- replying to a nearly 2 year old thread but I'm sorry I didn't see this. No codes display. Mileage about 50K. When I shift back to drive (on green) and press down on the pedal the way I would had I been on drive, the car noticeably jerks, so I have to be very gradual accelerating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.