Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jimny Sierra 2009 model, manual, approx 9500kms.

Been driving really well since I bought it in January this year. :)

However a couple of days ago I noticed that the steering wheel starts to shudder/vibrate slightly at high speeds of about 100kms+ :confused:

Ive only taken it offroad briefly a couple of times. Nothing major, but the vibrating co-incides with a day of offroading just a couple of days ago. Is it possible I got some mud/water into something?

If so, any advice would appreciated as I hope its something simple I can just check myself.

* Update: It also appears to be vibrating at lesser speeds and its not just the steering wheel (although thats where I notice it the most) but the car as a whole. Keeping in mind that its only a slight shudder, but still noticeable. I dont think it can be the wheel alignment, given its fairly new and I dont think Ive done anything overly strenuous with it when I was offroad, other than a shedload of mud and water around the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Check the front tires. You may have knocked off a wheel weight or popped a cord in the tire itself. The shudder means that something is out of balance. But that could mean wheel or driveline.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
conclusion

I took it to the Suzuki dealer today. The problem was something to do with mud on/around the tire causing air to leak. Wheels have been balanced. Problem solved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts