Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
i have a 1995 sierra which had idle problems when i got it, it just wouldnt idle, also it was missing the automatic choke.

CARBY CONVERSION: i figured my only option is to replace carby as some of u no suzuki shop wants $400 aus for a refurbished carby.

so i went to pick a part (a wereckers yard), and picked up a suzuki swift carby (not sure which year but i think the earlyer models) which balts straight on to my 1995 sierra with a choke and everything all for $40aus this fixed all my problems and now the car is running mint better then ever befor;)

my advice to any of u out there wanting to replace your carby for the sierra is to look at the older swift models and $ave.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey!
I am having stupid idle problems with my 97 sierra. The mechanic replaced the idle solenoid for a crazy $210 as it wasnt idling at all.
Now it idles but still stalls about 70% of the time. I am pretty feed up with it. I am also getting some ridiculous petrol millage of about 100kms per 10 litres.

The alternative carb sounds great. Do you find any lack in power or anything adverse with the new carb??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts