Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my Verona thus far,700 MI.....noticed a little oil usage. What is considered normal or typical....inline 6 engine. Would appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just passed 700 miles on my Verona, and haven't seen any oil usage yet. I wouldn't be alarmed though, some oil usage is normal for any new engine. I've noticed my fuel economy go up 2mpg already (from 16 in town to 18), and the transmission seems to be shifting better as well. From what I've read, these Veronas have a rather long break-in period, which I think will result in a long wear-out period :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 18000 km on mine and have not had any oil consumption yet. It also seems to be getting peppier every month. Love the car and the ride

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congratulations on your purchases guys! I have a coworker who's looking for a midsize sedan around 18K and I've suggested to her to get a Verona LX. Hope she gets one soon because I really like this car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think you could make a better recommendation in this price range. My Verona continues to impress me & everyone I show it to. They had some early production glitches, but they're sorted out now, and I would recommend this car to anyone. There have been many complaints about how the transmission shifts when new, but after about 800~1000 miles, it "learns" how to shift smoothly, and then it's smooth sailing. The owner's manual actually mentions that the trasmission will shift roughly at first, but then smooth out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've noticed an increase in performance in my 2005 Chev Epica too. Fuel consumption has gotten a little better as well at the 5000 km mark on the odometer (approx. 3100 miles), but it's still a bit more of a fuel guzzler in downtown traffic than one would think for the size of the powerplant. The Chev dealership said this type of performance was considered normal.

I am still impressed though. Although there are a few minor things I would change about the car, all-round I feel it's was the most car for the least amount of cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts