Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me,Im in desperate need of a motor for my 2005 Verona 2.5l wo/block heater.:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased the car not running but didnot know why. Had it towed to shop and diagnostics indicated overheating/no compression. Car has high miles 186k but is really clean. So instead of paying a high price for headwork I was under the impression to replace the motor would be easier. I found a 38k motor for 1300 shipped and quoted 400 for R&R.

·
Registered
35 Posts
38k motor for 1300 shipped? That's an awesome deal.
I paid $1000 for a 50k motor and had to drive about 100mi to pick it up. Then I discovered it needed a complete rebuild (it was sludged up) and then another $400-$500 just in parts and I did all the work too.
Jan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jumpinjan, thanks for the info. Now Im just trying to decide weather or not to try and get a trans as well. I dont want to get the motor and then find out the trans needs to be replaced! I really like the car and I would only have $3500 invested. Hey what about aftermarket wheels, best size, tires and all?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found great deal ?

I just located a 2006 Verona motor/trans that has 9,250k miles shipped to californis for $1800. Replacing my overheated/high mileage (186,880K) 2005 motor. Cant wait!:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just put some Enkei 18's on and went to the shop Friday.I dont know how to post photo can someone help me/I will send you my photo.
Motor/trans install done, trans is shifting jerky at times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts