Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone out there has seen or heard of cylinder lining seperation as a failure mode of the 2.5L engine. Working on a friends that got the "Just Brakes" treatment. Pulled the head today and found cracks in #2 and a chunk missing from #4 in the steel only on both. Chunk turned into slag. No cross leakage. Car is higher mileage, but this just seems too odd for an engine to go this way. Any help/valid comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not sure...if it'd overheated I'd suspect more than 2 cylinders to have visual clues. Thinking on it though, if 2 and 4 were not firing properly, pressure differential from #3 could be the cause. (Code p0304 was my first clue.) The history I know is that this all started after a "tune-up" at Just Brakes, who promptly denied being responsible for anything. :mad: Before pulling the head #3 had 150psi compression #4 was only making 30psi. There is a bad valve as a result.

·
Registered
27 Posts
everything is expected with an in line 2.5/2.0 DOCH 24 VALVE verona,epica,magnus engines which are the exact same. i lost faith long gone with these engines, now my car is at the dealer for an engine head and spark plug change and holes clean up because the oil went into the cylinders, meaning oil is being burined instead of gas!!!!!:confused:, i do oil (800ml) refill on my engine every 100km, no wonder it didn't fail yet, funny enough it made me feel the fuel for this engine is OIL. if you do enough research on any or all of the vehicle different names, you are going to read stories but not common stories, beware they are horror stories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts