Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
18,753 Posts
Comparing VIN numbers is unlikely to be get you anywhere - mine starts TSMLYE21S - how does that help you ?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Comparing VIN numbers is unlikely to be get you anywhere - mine starts TSMLYE21S - how does that help you ?
Reading the OP carefully, he needs one of our VIN numbers in full because the parts site doesn’t recognise his due to it being European and Japanese only.

Reactions: SGM141181

·
Registered
13,041 Posts
Thanks, That's exactly what I'm hoping to do.
There is a good chance you will end up with a part that only fits a euro manufactured vitara, not the correct part for your Japanese assembled one which is where the majority of the Australian and new Zealand new ones come from.
Go find a site that recognises your vin.
Partsouq i have found doesn't tend to support nz new models all that well.

·
Administrator
18,753 Posts
Reading the OP carefully, he needs one of our VIN numbers in full because the parts site doesn’t recognise his due to it being European and Japanese only.

Thanks, That's exactly what I'm hoping to do.
What that will do is ensure he gets the correct part for MY car, with no guarantee that it's correct for HIS - he's no better off than he would have been drilling down without a VIN.

·
Administrator
18,753 Posts
There is a good chance you will end up with a part that only fits a euro manufactured vitara, not the correct part for your Japanese assembled one which is where the majority of the Australian and new Zealand new ones come from.
I don't know for certain, but I don't think any of the 4G models are being built in Japan - the T in his VIN indicates the vehicle was built in Thailand, which is also where the JDM units that I've seen are being built.

·
Registered
13,041 Posts
I don't know for certain, but I don't think any of the 4G models are being built in Japan - the T in his VIN indicates the vehicle was built in Thailand, which is also where the JDM units that I've seen are being built.
Yeah, I just saw that. He will definitely need to track down via his VIN as I've seen subtle differences in different years here in the "NZ new" ones. (Not used JDM imports, which are always a crap shoot at the best of times)

·
Administrator
18,753 Posts
Try putting your VIN in here.

If that fails drill down ...

Brand - Suzuki
Model - Vitara
Region - Pacific
Modification - APK414

You'll be presented with a series of choices - look at the E24 (Australia) market links, there's an APK414 and an APK414-3 - I suspect your car, based on the 2016 build date would be the APK414.

For anyone else following this ...

APK is the fourth gen Vitara, 310 is the three cylinder, 1.0 liter, 414 is the four cylinder 1.4 liter, 416 is the four cylinder 1.6 liter & 416D is most likely a four cylinder 1.6 liter diesel.

Reactions: SGM141181

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try putting your VIN in here.

If that fails drill down ...

Brand - Suzuki
Model - Vitara
Region - Pacific
Modification - APK414

You'll be presented with a series of choices - look at the E24 (Australia) market links, there's an APK414 and an APK414-3 - I suspect your car, based on the 2016 build date would be the APK414.

For anyone else following this ...

APK is the fourth gen Vitara, 310 is the three cylinder, 1.0 liter, 414 is the four cylinder 1.4 liter, 416 is the four cylinder 1.6 liter & 416D is most likely a four cylinder 1.6 liter diesel.
That's brilliant. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts