Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning everyone,

My question is where exactly and how would I install the 4 large o-rings which were included with my valve cover gasket kit for my 2005 Suzuki forenza? I read in another thread that these large o-rings are not necessary, but was recently informed by a local mechanic that they are in fact essential components (used to keep engine oil from entering spark plugs.) If anyone has any useful diagrams or information to help me with this matter I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi welcome to the forum!! sometimes these o-rings are included with the valve cover gasket. THEY ARE NOT NEEDED there is no place to put them, im really not sure who decided to put them in the kit. its unfortunate that the mechanic told you that when he obviously doesnt know your car or the motor thats in it. on some motors the valve cover gasket is shaped like an "O" and only seal around the outside edge of the valve cover. the o-ring gaskets are needed to seal the four holes where the spark plug wires go through the valve cover. on your motor the valve cover gasket is shaped more like two concentric circles. the inner part sealing around the area where the spark plugs are and taking the place of the four o-ring gaskets. i hope you can understand this explanation. im also including a link to the online service manual so you can see the diagram and also familiarize yourself with your motor. if you have any other questions just ask! good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7-even,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feed back, I appreciate the efforts. The information you provided makes sense as to why I could not find ANY information in regards to installing these 4 o-rings. I'm sure I will have more questions as the days/weeks/months... progress, so thank you in advance for your knowledge and support.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Suzuki Forenza Oil under spark plugs

Hi, I had a big time misfire and oil leak under the gasket near the spark plugs. They were wet with oil. I replaced the gasket and spark plugs except I still have some oil under the spark plugs. I'm sure if the plugs get wet again it will misfire, how do you remove the remaining oil below?? Does anyone know? Do I need a tool to remove it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts