Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time to post on the forum but need help. I have a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick 4 x 4. It's has a 1.6L, 8 valve. To make a long painful story short, we replaced the water pump and ended up getting the timing and TDC off. My buddy loosened
the valves to get timing and TDC correct and now we cant get them adjusted back correctly. Can someone please give me the full intake exhaust valve procedure and valve specs? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
23,885 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The valve lash is basically 0.006 for both the intake and exhaust (on a cold engine). You have the V in the crankshaft pulley lined up with the 0 on the timing belt cover. In this position, your rotor in the distributor should be pointing to cylinder #1 in the compression stroked. If not, rotate the crankshaft pulley clockwise 360º. Now check the lash on valves 1, 2, 5 and 7. (If you are standing in front of the engine, the intake - 1,2,3,4, will be on your left). When you finished with 1,2,5,7, then rotate the crank 360º and do 3,4,6 and 8. The torque on the locknuts should be 11-13 ft/lbs.

By the way, note that your timing belt is done to cylinder #4 firing.....

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
From a '95 FSM:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts