Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:(Please help, I have a 99 mdl V6 Vitara auto, only done 80,000 ks. Driving on slippery roads using 4H now unable to move H/L Selector, stuck in 2H. The selector seems to be in the H4 position but 4WD light not on.
Has any one had similar problems

·
Registered
448 Posts
:(Please help, I have a 99 mdl V6 Vitara auto, only done 80,000 ks. Driving on slippery roads using 4H now unable to move H/L Selector, stuck in 2H. The selector seems to be in the H4 position but 4WD light not on.
Has any one had similar problems
My 4WD light never worked, because the wires going to the transfer case are all cut off :rolleyes:

But nevertheless the 4WD does still work splendidly, and I rely on feel to make sure it is working. Make sure the manual hub locks (if equipped) are on 4x4 mode.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You've posted in the Samurai section so you won't get many replies. My guess is that the roads weren't as slippery as you thought and you've wound up the transmission. Try reversing some distance or lift it onto axle stands (make sure its secure!) and run it at low revs for a short time.
The 4WD light is controlled by the ECU.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since posting my plea for help I have pulled the selector out of the top of the transfer and it seems it had jammed. I am not sure how or why it did so but I moved the selector pin with a screw driver and all clicked back into place and working fine.
Thank you for listening.
Cheers:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Since posting my plea for help I have pulled the selector out of the top of the transfer and it seems it had jammed. I am not sure how or why it did so but I moved the selector pin with a screw driver and all clicked back into place and working fine.
Thank you for listening.
Cheers:)
I suggest you change the shifter bushing ... that is most likely the cause of your problem. A very common problem in Samurai transfer cases when the bushing wears out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts