Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying for so long to get the rails off my 08' swift stock front seats but i just cant figure out how, how do i do it!!?? I've been pulling my hair out for so long!

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey?

Are you replacing the stock seats with a different set, or is there a problem with them?
What I normally do with any seat is unbolt them from the deck, and turn them upside down. If it doesn't look like there is any way to unbolt the rails from the seat itself I don't sweat it.

I just get myself another set of rails for whatever is going in to replace the old. Salvage yards are filled with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Greywolf, yer i didnt think of that, its cause i want to buy recaro's for the car but no one supply's rails they just say to put your existing ones on their but i cant get the existing ones off it looks like a jungle under their, but i will ring the wreckers tomorrow and see if they have any, thanks for the tip!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Look at JEGS , SUMMIT, and others - you may find suitable replacement rails are far more common than at first.

I myself would go look for japanese cars like the datsun, Nissan, and similar cars out in the yards.

NEVER waste your time on a hopeless issue!
THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!!!!

Scrappers have tonnes of stuff that you can rip rails out of

And these cars tend to have FLAT floors, yeah?
Same height front to back, and no humps in between

*Measure the available rail distance from front to back, and note it down. Take those notes to the scrapyards to compare with whatever you find. Don't worry about the hardware - you can always use whatever bolts you want, or weld nuts under holes you drill in the floorpan.

Bolt up the rails you find on the seats - then mark where the mounting holes have to be when you trial fit them ( a FOOL wastes time on finding GREASE PENCILS - I use common crayons...) Drill them, and figure what you have to do next as you find it.

But fit the rails to the seats - and use THE SEAT RAILS as your guide

~This ain't about nuthin' but makin' what you already knew work...

Gitty up, Bro!

There isn't anything stopping you but time.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts