Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade the Alternator in my '96 Zookie Sierra and was wondering if I can just put anything that'll fit there or if I need to be aware of anything in particular when upgrading it. I am aware that a larger alternator will draw more from the engine, but I'll be upgrading that too eventually. Any help would be great!

-- Lory

·
Registered
425 Posts
on my old 91' cavalier ,i had a high output altenator ,i think a stock one put out somewhere around 75 amps(and fried like once a year) ,the high output was 115 amps,and lasted me until the car was scrapped,but i do not remember if the size was different from the stock one ,it's been to long.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
netlos said:
on my old 91' cavalier ,i had a high output altenator ,i think a stock one put out somewhere around 75 amps(and fried like once a year) ,the high output was 115 amps,and lasted me until the car was scrapped,but i do not remember if the size was different from the stock one ,it's been to long.
Yea, I've seen a bunch of brackets around for GM alternators so I figure you're right, there's a sizing issue. I haven't burnt mine out yet but it's amusing to hear the enigne tone change everytime I switch on my high beams or have everything running at the same time :p I figure a bigger alternator and a dual batt kit will help solve all that! (I hope!)

Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts