Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all ,, you may have noticed my earlier thread and thanks to phils for all the ideas' but unfortunately i am still trying to locate my awful noise. It sounds like it is in the gearbox, and only appears under acceleration .Have already changed all the bearings in the gearbox and replaced clutch but to no joy... Was hoping someone could help diagnose before i resort to a full dismantle and rebuild.....Any wizards out there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
G'day Muller,

When you changed the bearings in the gearbox did you have a close inspection of the input shaft? I had a similar problem in a Nissan Patrol and it ended up being the input shaft. The hardness on the shaft had deteriorated where the bearing was mounted which allowed the shaft to move out of alignment, and therefore the gears, with the layshaft (the main shaft on which the gears are mounted) and made a horrible grinding sound even under gentle acceleration. At least the gearbox in a Suzi is a lot easier and lighter than one in a Patrol. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fed up

Okay here is the update,, new mechanic, adjusted timing and loose wheel bearings eliminating external noisesnow confirms either piston slap, cracked piston or bottom end about to drop out..Previously tried phils suggesstion of the oil additive which did quiet the engine temporarily.....am considering looking for an exchange reco engine, too many mysteries with this one. Any ideas for Queensland Australia unless someone has a miracle fix ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to all ,, you may have noticed my earlier thread and thanks to phils for all the ideas' but unfortunately i am still trying to locate my awful noise. It sounds like it is in the gearbox, and only appears under acceleration .Have already changed all the bearings in the gearbox and replaced clutch but to no joy... Was hoping someone could help diagnose before i resort to a full dismantle and rebuild.....Any wizards out there?
Hi.I am a new member. Own a 2008 Jimny Sierra 5 speed hard top,in Anustralia. transmission noise was eventually fixed by replacing both gears as a matched set, and the chain, in the transfer case. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts