Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've got unremovable rain spots on my tint windows. Anybody know of any products to take the spots off or am I stuck with them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks...

I allready tried vinegar and some other domestic window cleaners........

·
Registered
68 Posts
You could try WD-40 but I would just try a small spot to ensure it doesn't cloud it up. I know it works well on our plastic see through shower door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WD 40 has no results..., i try with paint compount it works, but wants a lot lot lot and lot of effort.

Thanks again!

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Are the rain spots in the tint or on the outside of the glass? I've seen tint films water spot presumably due to sun action through a "rain drop lens" - I believe that can only be resolved by replacing the film with a better quality one, however, water spot deposits on the outside of the glass can be cleaned.

Rain-X has a product called X-treme Clean, it is supposedly a combination of a mild abrasive along with some sort of chemicals (I can vouch for the abrasive) - I've used it once and it seemed to do a good job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rain drops are outside of the window, i will try to find this rain x product and try it. Thanks vfordem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you tried using a clay bar?

You can lightly use a clay bar kit like Autoglym or Meguiar's to get rid of the rain spots. I would then consider protecting the tint with a coat of a product like G-Techniq G4 rain repellant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I almost tried everything, and they are still there. I have order some cleaning kits from the internet, i am waiting to receive them and try. I will try also clay bar, thanks for the tip Silver Fox

1 - 9 of 9 Posts