Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a 2nd hand Kisashi from a dealer but when they changed the battery the unlock anti-theft came on Security, we cannot remove it as we do not have the previous security nb.

Is there any way to do it ?

Thx & rgds

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hi,

I bought a 2nd hand Kisashi from a dealer but when they changed the battery the unlock anti-theft came on Security, we cannot remove it as we do not have the previous security nb.

Is there any way to do it ?

Thx & rgds
What do you mean by "security nb"?

Changing the engine starter battery should not cause the security system to stop the vehicle starting (I've replaced the battery in my Kizashi and had it disconnected for extended periods.)

If the remote fob battery is dead then that could be the problem. You can get into the vehicle (if it's locked) using the old fashioned key hidden in the Suzuki remote fob.

To start the vehicle (from memory, I've never tried it) you need to touch the metal part of the remote fob on the metal ring around the "Start / Stop" button. That will supposedly allow you to start the engine with a dead key fob battery.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
From the Kizashi workshop manual:
If the remote controller battery has run down or a system malfunction has occurred, doors can be locked or unlocked with the emergency key built into remote controller and the engine can be started by touching the remote controller to the engine switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts