Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a vacuum? hose I found when I had my TBI and valve cover off today. It's not (must not have been the whole time I've had it) connected to anything, but it goes down the top of the transmission. I'm not 100% sure where it ends up. I can't really get a picture of it. Is this something I need to address?

It's not EVAP, IAC, Intake, EGR, PCV, Dashpot related, I have all the hoses I have read about accounted for, I replaced most of them today.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If this helps any i have a 1995 with auto and have the same hose. it's like a hard rubber/plastic hose. Might be like a vent hose or something.

Granted i just pulled my entire engine out so it's possible it does hook up to something, but i labeled everything i disconnected, and this doesn't have a label or a place to stick it so i think it's supposed to hang free.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
The transmission and transfer case both have vent line that end up along the firewall. (I am not sure if they "tee" into each other or not.) The front and rear differentials also have vent lines, but do not end up near the firewall.

All these vents should have vent caps to help keep the water out.

On a side note: On two of my Kicks, someone (had to be two "someones") attached the front diff vent to the bottom connection on the evap canister. I didn't think much about it until someone here, on the forum, had a problem and had gas flowing from the bottom connection of the can.

I do not think fuel in the vent line would be very good on the differential!

I went out and disconnected this vent from the can on the one rig that was being used. I'll add a vent cap to my list of items to look at the junk yard.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this one isn't connected or tethered to anything and there's no cap. I'm pretty sure this is a kick made out of spare parts though so it makes sense.

·
Registered
69 Posts
m000035 is correct, it is a vent line (on the Sport I have anyway). I rebuilt my transmission so I saw the whole line. Prior to that I was at a loss for what it was.
It runs along the top of the transmission and clips on the firewall. Mine has a white plastic cap that fits on the end of it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
For the time being, I'd zip tie some sort of cloth over the top of the line to keep any additional large particles out of the transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread however recent acceleration problems with my 91 8v 2dr 1.6ltr tracker prompted me to find that the vacuum hose located immediatly above the egr valve is not connected. This is the small diameter ten inch vacuum line with the plastic donut fitting near one end. Can not seem to locate the the obvious connection port. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread however recent acceleration problems with my 91 8v 2dr 1.6ltr tracker prompted me to find that the vacuum hose located immediatly above the egr valve is not connected. This is the small diameter ten inch vacuum line with the plastic donut fitting near one end. Can not seem to locate the the obvious connection port. Any help appreciated.
Pictures help, but you should really start your own thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts