Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me identify this? It's attached near the air filter, on the bracket with two screw holes on the foreground of the picture. I think it's part of the air intake system because of the three ports in it which are somewhat of the same size as the port in the air filter enclosure. I pulled it out since no hose of sort was used to connect it to the air filter, and the ports were offset by an inch. It contains some sort of a spring-operated trap-door which I think concerns with redirecting or constricting air flow.

Additional question, are our engines designed to intake air from the chassis/body? There are two 90-degree rubber elbows attached to the underside of my truck which are of the same size as the ports I mentioned earlier. I know for a fact that cool air is denser than warm air and therefore would improve engine power if taken in the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

This would be a Warm-air flap valve and Warm-air hose from exhaust manifold. Yes cool air is denser than warm air. So I removed the warm-air hose and stuck it directly to the filter so it is like a hockey stick or J shape to get cold air intake from the bottom of the van. I tried changing the directions and it seem with the end of the J pointing front works best and the engine runs cooler compared to slanted to the right or backwards.

Oh I have K&N filter on mine. I may look at getting a cone instead. It still feels a bit laggy as not enough air is coming in. When I had my Super Carry, it had a cone filter, wow, that was supper no lag when sprinting. Oh well.

Vanman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts