Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 Suzuki Reno and a light was blinking where the Odometer is and it normally shows the gear the car is in that looks like a rectangle with some kind of symbol that I couldn't tell what it was that has a line diagonally through the symbol. It wasn't in the manual and couldn't find it online, any help with this???

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi Etherean welcome to the forum! that probably is indicating you have a problem with the transmission range sensor also called the neutral safety switch. it tells the transmission what gear it needs to be in. it will get worse and worse till you wont really be able to drive the car. it should take that long for someone to fix for you. any other questions just ask!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response, 7-even. My mom actually suggested that it might be an automatic overdrive thing. It only shows up when I'm stepping on the gas after a certain speed and goes back to showing D when under a certain speed and when stopped at a light. I'll probably look into the transmission range sensor/neutral safety switch issue as a possibility but it drives and shifts gears wonderfully.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi, it shows up because the trans is having some trouble finding the upper gears its supposed to be in. it will slowly get worse. it will start to shift strange, may even lurch a bit, probably have trouble getting into reverse, the symbol will show up more frequently and eventually youll have trouble getting into some or all gears. you should definitely have it checked out and not wait to long. just my opinion though, im not a mechanic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts