Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am replacing the fuel tank in my 89 tracker 4wd. The old tank is covered in undercoating. I would like to spray the new tank as well. Does anyone have preferred brands of undercoating that hold up well and can be applied from a rattle can?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I Used "Rust Bullet". Kinda expensive at $140 a gallon, but a whole gallon was enough to the entire frame TWICE on my Ford Ranger (see image). But once you open it you've gotta use the whole can that day as it reacts with air quickly and hardens to an epoxy like material. They sell smaller containers too, roll, brush, or spray on, when i bought it Amazon had it the cheapest and several colors (and free shipping too!) Rust Bullet LLC

I chose Metallic Silver and this is how it looked, pretty good if you ask me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used hippo liner to do my floors, but its a roll on. The roll on liners are quite easy to use and it's a really nice finish on my floors. It has held up very well.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If you are installing a new tank the cheap spray on asphalt undercoating works well. If you have lots of time a coat or two of paint first will help. I have had good success with melted wax toilet seals and chainsaw oil sprayed on while it is hot. Fluid film works but washes off and needs to be applied every year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts