Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do, if anything, to prevent rust in the undercarriage?

On a car, I would use undercoating but on the Sammy undercoating would be scraped off fairly quickly. I thought that Line-X would be tougher but I don't know if it would interfere with any of the mechanical parts and I assume that it wouldn't last a whole lot longer than a traditional undercoating--especially in high impact areas.

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Bruce

·
Registered
192 Posts
Line-X would be a good idea just tape off anything you want to move - brake cables and such. Personally I went with a bunch of cans of undercoating and just went to town on it.
Any trail rash just gets touched up in a few seconds... I think I got a case of the stuff at costco or sams or maybe bj's... It's cheaper than line-x and can be touched up cheaper and easier. I think the first few times I just ran it up on ramps on each side. Later on I got more adventurous and a friend and I hung it from a tree with my new winch for touch ups and another coat. (had to be there)

thanks,
george

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rust Oleum

I used Rust Oleum oil based and am very pleased with the results. It took me about 3 days but it came out show quality. If you PM me your email, I'll send you pics, just so you see how mine came out. Pressure washed undercarriage first, and then went all out. I suggest email 'cause I'm new to this and don't know any other way. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts