Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an '03 Jimny last week and I'm really pleased with it (Yet to take it off road though).

I'm looking at my options for sealing the under body to protect chassis and under body panels etc from rust.

Any ideas as to what's the best product to use?

Also, what sort of preparation is required prior to applying a seal?

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
It should be pretty well protected as standard, I'm pretty sure that by 2003 they had started to galvanise the bodies. I would just get the underside steam cleaned and then use Waxoyl underneath and in all the cavities.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be pretty well protected as standard, I'm pretty sure that by 2003 they had started to galvanise the bodies. I would just get the underside steam cleaned and then use Waxoyl underneath and in all the cavities.
I'd been looking at the Waxoyl. Is the tinned stuff generally better than aerosol? Would work out much cheaper. Can it be brushed-on or do you need to use the sprayer? I'd assumed a wire-brushing would prepare OK?

Bodywork is fine, but area behind wheel arches etc is beginning to show rusty parts.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'd been looking at the Waxoyl. Is the tinned stuff generally better than aerosol? Would work out much cheaper. Can it be brushed-on or do you need to use the sprayer? I'd assumed a wire-brushing would prepare OK?

Bodywork is fine, but area behind wheel arches etc is beginning to show rusty parts.
The can works out cheaper, you need the sprayer to get into all the cavities. make sure that you warm the can before you start so it flows better and gives better coverage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts