Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I have an 08 sx4 uk model 1.9 diesel. Was driving on Wednesday when the oil warning light came on blinking. Put the fear of god in me was a mile from a service station by the time I got to it the light had stopped blinking and gone so thought best to check oil just in case. Oil was spot on so flicked through manual the usual oil light comes on don't drive the car and prepare for a big bill. However it has a sub note with regards to my engine ie if it comes on blinking and goes off it actually means your due and oil change. Great use of one of the scareist lights on the dash suzuki well done. Anyway I've changed the oil and filter myself all good. Just wondering does anyone know how to reset the warning as my search on the internet so far hasn't gone well.

Cheers in advance

Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same annoying problem, got 07 SX4 1.9 DDIS and solved that quite easily, after long research on google.
You don't have to go to suzuki garage after every oil change you done by yourself, all you need is USB ELM 327 cable ( it my work on others like KKL VAG ) modified for use with Fiat, Alfa etc. ( fiat sedici=suzuki sx4, same engine and most of electronics if not all ) easily to find on eBay (cost about £10-£30), free multiecuscan software, laptop and 5 min time.
Worked for me and save me lot of £££, hope that will help to others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
oil warning light

the oil warning light comes on when driving my sx4 ddis 2009 flashes for 30 seconds then goes out , oil level seems ok. can anybody help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts