Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The UD pulleys are ready to ship out... the short shifters should be ready within 3 days and for sure before the weekend. If you already paid send me an email with what you bought and your address. I know who has already paid but a couple people didn't want me to ship to the paypal address so I'm going to do it this way.

THE SHORT SHIFTERS DO NOT INCLUDE A SHIFT KNOB. I know I said they would but plans changed. Theres a chance that you can use the one off your OEM knob though. I took mine off so long ago I can't remember if you could just slap it on a new shifter with some glue.

I have 16 short shifters and 7 ud pulleys left.

Ud pulley is $200 + shipping (usually around $10-$15) + 6% fee if your using paypal
The short shifters are $140 + shipping + 6% paypal fee.

Email me at [email protected], its alot faster than PM but you can do it that way as well.

Danny

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put one of each on ebay to try to get more peoples attention. The starting bid is a bit cheaper than what you guys would pay as I know it'll be bid on...plus there not a 6% paypal fee so if anyones intrested I'd bid on ebay first, theres a chance you'll be the only one. I put apex springs on ebay twice now that never sold.

Short throw shifter ebay item number: 110018779694
eBay Motors: suzuki forenza reno chevrolet optra Short throw shifter (item 110018779694 end time Aug-14-06 20:54:31 PDT)

UD pulley ebay item number: 110018773402
eBay Motors: Suzuki Forenza Reno Chevrolet Optra performance pulley (item 110018773402 end time Aug-14-06 20:19:32 PDT)

Danny

·
Registered
259 Posts
I saw those springs, and considered them... But i wasn't sure I wanted a set of track-flogged springs installed in a wagon that needs to haul sound equipment. Sorry, man, we know what you did to them...:D

But I will probablly be thinking short-shifter coming up. The question I have about them is this - from the picture, they look like they are just a shortened shaft on a stock mechanism -- my understanding of a short shifter was that the pivot points were changed, creating more leverage & moving the part above the pivot less & the part below more. Am I off here? I've never installed one, or messed around with a linkage, for that matter. Anyone who's installed care to share info? Is it really shorter distance, or just a lower shifter, creating less travel at the top of the knob?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
schoolpsych said:
I saw those springs, and considered them... But i wasn't sure I wanted a set of track-flogged springs installed in a wagon that needs to haul sound equipment. Sorry, man, we know what you did to them...:D

But I will probablly be thinking short-shifter coming up. The question I have about them is this - from the picture, they look like they are just a shortened shaft on a stock mechanism -- my understanding of a short shifter was that the pivot points were changed, creating more leverage & moving the part above the pivot less & the part below more. Am I off here? I've never installed one, or messed around with a linkage, for that matter. Anyone who's installed care to share info? Is it really shorter distance, or just a lower shifter, creating less travel at the top of the knob?
I had a couple other brand new sets up on ebay... apex springs actually. Still for sale.

Yes thats what it is. What your thinking of is short shifter linkage--they are two different things. I can get one of those two and probably will get 10 of them when the short shifters sell but overall they arnt as good. They shorter the shifts a little better than short shifters but make it harder to shift as well and cost more.

Danny

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
how much of a pain in the ass will it be for me to change the pulley myself? i havent really looked into it. i know theres only 4 bolts on the pulley, but how hard is it to get to? does the pulley come with the belt? if not, what size/part number is it?

ill post pics if/when i perform the task for those who are afriaid to do their own work.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tallkid said:
how much of a pain in the ass will it be for me to change the pulley myself? i havent really looked into it. i know theres only 4 bolts on the pulley, but how hard is it to get to? does the pulley come with the belt? if not, what size/part number is it?

ill post pics if/when i perform the task for those who are afriaid to do their own work.
You can do it yourself no problem. Like Zipper said the biggest pain is the plastic wheel well peice.

It does come with a new belt...no worries there. It also comes with step by step instructions to installing it.

Danny

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
what does the shifter look like without the knob? is it just a smooth shaft ::laughs:: or does it have threads? just wondering what kind of knob to look at...

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
tallkid said:
what does the shifter look like without the knob? is it just a smooth shaft ::laughs:: or does it have threads? just wondering what kind of knob to look at...
No threads, just smooth

I should add... if you ask I will throw in a OEM (from a lanos) knob. With the stock knob it wont shorter the throw even with the short shifter. You'll have to buy an aftermarket knob made to work with the lift up reverse.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
well, it's done. took me about 30 min to do. the hardest part is putting the new belt on(unless you have a long wrench) i started freaking out when the holes didn't line up, but then i figured out that there is a certain way that it goes on...i definitely noticed a difference. there doesn't seem to be a huge increase in power, but the throttle response is definitely there. another thing i noticed is my shifts are a lot smoother with it. this is because the crank doesnt have as much momentum because the pulley is smaller and lighter. money well spent. thanks danny.

Chris

·
Registered
341 Posts
talkid those are great pics for the install.
I could not picture mentally what needed to be done before. now it looks very easy.
I gotta figure where I can fit some overtime in to replenish spare funds before kink sells em all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
what about the warranty???

do you no if installing the pulley voids your suzuki warrenty???

also, what kind of shift knobs are made for that short shifter??? can't i just go to the auto store and buy one??

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
1. it doesnt void your whole warrantee. if the pulley does damage to your car in some way, then it isn't covered with your warrantee anymore. for example : if your aftermarket intake doesn't filter enough and sucks some garbage into your intake and screws up your car, it isn't covered.

2. you have to buy a shift knob that is made for the lift-up reverse. ISOTTA and MOMO make them. make sure the description says something about "lift-up reverse". if not, the knob will have to be mounted higher and it will be the same height as stock.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts