Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend some tyres that will go on stock wheels and no lift...

i want some that are a little beefy to make it look more serious...

i dont want to spend vast amounts....

i wont be doing huge amounts off off roading but i would like the off road type look..

Im in the UK ...
thanks
Ben

·
Super Moderator
24,972 Posts
Well, if you have the stock rims, they are 15x5.5", so you are somewhat governed by the size of the tires that they can accommodate (besides the body clearance). The 'beefy' tires are usually wider, but you really cannot do that on the stock rims. I am running 225x75x15, which is the largest tire that can definitely be put on the car without rubbing (some people with the 235's have rubbing and some don't). However, the 225's are meant to be on a 15x6" rim - I don't have much crowning, but I am really at the borderline, width-wise, of what the stock rim can take. So, regarding you wanting to look 'beefy' you will have to go for a tall look with the stock rims, rather than a wide one. And the 225's are just about as tall as you can go.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Get AT type tires that will give a better beefier look. There is a difference between P (passenger) Tires and AT (all terrain) in looks and handling. The P Tires has a softer sidewall that translate to a more balloon kind of feel. AT has, of course, harder sidewalls and will perform a bit better with a stiffer ride. The ride stiffness is not a whole lot.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cheap Tires

Liberator's at Wal Mart, 205/75R15, $90/each. I've had no problems with them on the Tracker, and have them on Ranger II also. Decent traction and wear for the price, and no CCC. Service at any Wally World, get the road hazard warranty, and lifetime balance, well worth the additional cost. OOPS! just caught you were on the island far, far away, across the sea, don't know what you would have there, Sorry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts