Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks, just a quick update on my Nangkang Cross Seasons AW6 tyres - now I've put about 3000 on them

are they good value? - yes

what's grip like? - very good in all conditions encountered

whats braking like? - no complaints

whats noise like? - increasing - the worst feature

whats wear like? - excessive on the front, low on back

better than OE? - yes

would I buy again? - not if there is a Goodyear in the right size

Cheers

Hicardo

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Define excessive on the front? Even across tyre? Or do you have an alignment issue?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Fronts always get excessive wear due to being drive and steer tyres. Simply swapping front to rear will give you more even wear, but just replacing fronts more than rears is the other option. If you are getting "saw tooth" wear on fronts, then there is an alignment issue if daily "commute" is your driving style. "Saw tooth" wear is very noisy and unecinomical on the tarmac.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wear is even, no obvious alignment problem, but wear is at least double on fronts. as you say, quite normal for a fwd vehicle, but I would say the tyre compound is quite soft. it may not be economical in the long run to buy several sets of these tyres with a fast wear rate. might be better, if you can get them, going for a better name tyre ie a Michelin costing more, but lasting a lot longer with better low noise characteristics

·
Registered
290 Posts
The Ignis is heavy on front tyres compared to other vehicles of this size and weight. In the UK you’re limited to Bridgestone (which crab in cold weather) or Yokohama in terms of premium brand tyres. If you want brands such as Michelin, Dunlop, Goodyear etc you’d need to move away from the OE tyre size and fit 185 55 16 tyres. However premium brand tyres in this size will work out at around £100 a corner!

·
Registered
469 Posts
We had severe inner edge wear on our fronts but I’ve not been able to find a place that can do proper alignment so just replaced them.
I agonised over replacements for ages; I was keen on all weathers but the choices in the correct size are pretty poor.
I just stuck with the Bridgestones (£130 each; ouch); good in the wet, quiet, they just work.
I’d get decent all weathers if I could (Michelin CrossClimates or Goodyear Vectors) but they aren’t available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts