Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

This is my first post so pardon my stupidity

I just bought 4 general grabber AT2 225/70 R15 tyres for my Suzuki Jimny and I have a few questions.

1. the mechanic set the tyre pressure at 32 psi, but 23 psi is recommended by Suzuki, and since these are not the OEM size tryes do i still keep the same tyre pressure?

2. Also they were balanced at 32 psi so if they are now at 23psi will the balancing change and is this to low a pressure for these tyres?

If any ones wants to know about these tyres here we go;

I earlier had 225/60 r15 cooper life liners which were very noisy and un-grippy for touring tyres.

The generals are a lot quiter (for All terrains) gripper and the steering feels a lot lighter even with 23 psi compared to the coopers. they also look simply amazing.

If any one has mud flaps the inner bolt will hit this size of tyres and I had to put in smaller bolts and now I get a extra 1 inch of clearance. This problem is only when you turn one lock of steering.

apart from that they are great and very quite, also the speed shown on the speedometer is now bang on, 50 on the clock is 50 on the GPS as well, so be careful on the speed cameras.

i had earlier read in some post that generals AT are hard balance and i have experience the same and also had to send back a tyre since it could not be balanced.

Please reply to my questions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i run 235/75 r 15 and if you run them at 32 psi (which i havent done but i honestly believe) they will beat you to death!

on road i run these tires around 20 psi, and on trail i have aired down to around 10 psi, you can go lower if you need.

but if you are driving it around, drive the thing at different pressures - say with each tank of gas - and figure out what rides best.

good luck
cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts