Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2016 1.2CC 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Ignis, Recently for no reason the tyre pressure warnig light came on, (weather had not been cold yet) followed instructions in h/book, reset pressures as per label in car,no luck. inflated to 30psi all round no luck; would disconnecting battery for 10 min be worth trying, also had a sack of heavy cat litter in boot before and after all this started weather now at freezing point the past few days most driving about 15/20 min; any suggestions most appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
2016 Ignis, Recently for no reason the tyre pressure warnig light came on, (weather had not been cold yet) followed instructions in h/book, reset pressures as per label in car,no luck. inflated to 30psi all round no luck; would disconnecting battery for 10 min be worth trying, also had a sack of heavy cat litter in boot before and after all this started weather now at freezing point the past few days most driving about 15/20 min; any suggestions most appreciated.
What was the indicated pressure in the offending tyre when the TPMS alarmed? To reset the system inflate the offending tyre to around normal + 20% then drive until the alarm cancels (25mph + for around 10 mins). Adjust the tyre to the normal pressure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When my light came on one tyre had dropped to 30. Pumping up to correct pressure 36 front from memory and driving for 10 min cleared warning. It had just been serviced, so I expect if they even bothered to check they had reduced the pressure. Cheers Colin

·
Registered
107 Posts
Each sensor has a non-replaceable battery. The complete sensor is replaced when the battery is expired. The sensor transmits intermittently and only when the wheel is rotating thus conserving the battery. Battery condition can be measured using a remote sensing tool.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
some sensors also need to see a pressure increase as the tyre heats up to reset. damned annoying on cold days getting them to do that too

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2016 1.2CC 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Each sensor has a non-replaceable battery. The complete sensor is replaced when the battery is expired. The sensor transmits intermittently and only when the wheel is rotating thus conserving the battery. Battery condition can be measured using a remote sensing tool.
Just read your info are these remote sensor tools available?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Just read your info are these remote sensor tools available?
Yes, how deep is your wallet? All depends on what you want to do, read them, calibration, adding them to the cars system, all possible, at a cost

Some of the cheaper tools may work, many don't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree with others try pumping the tyres up to 36+ psi then drive a little. When I first drove my car home, the tpms warning came on, it was around 25 psi, pumped up to 37 all around, drove for a bit and the warning disappeared. When I recently put new tyres on, the drive out of the tyre garage it warned for about 20 seconds then went away (saw the psi go up briefly on the dash, before warning went)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts