Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am in the UK and i have the latest Alto here,which I believe is the Maruti A-star

How many miles are you getting on the front tyres ? I am only getting about 5500 miles. The tyres are more worn on the outside edges and I have done wheel alignment and this hasnt made much difference..
thanks

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
if they are wearing on the outside edges either you're doing a lot of driving in circles or the alignments out. Its that simple. If alignments correct the tyres should wear evenly so you either have a camber or toe issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if they are wearing on the outside edges either you're doing a lot of driving in circles or the alignments out. Its that simple. If alignments correct the tyres should wear evenly so you either have a camber or toe issue.
The toe and camber are spot on according. I saw the print out. We have a lot of roundabouts here. Could that be the issue?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
only if you're running soft tyres and doing them at high speed. I have nearly 40,000 kms on the tyres on my GV and have no uneven wear and I have 5 roundabouts on my drive to and from work, only got 10,000 on the Swift and no uneven wear evident on those either. I only replaced the tyres on the Swift last year, original factory fitted, lasted 11 years and 60,000 kms of all round town driving and all evenly worn and dad wasn't the easiest of drivers on cars.

Did they actually use the correct specs? I've seen alignments way wrong as they got the wrong year or used the "closest" model in the machine.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I definitely think you have an alignment issue,

I generally get north of 70K km on my tires, evenly worn... The last set were ditched due to weather checking (past life date), but still had usable tread left

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
adjustable camber bolts should be fitted from the factory on the lower suspension inboard mounts on the front, rears may be fixed depending on model. What year is your one and which engine? VIN number would help as that would tell us exactly what it is, then I should be able to find the specs,

the generic specs are of course modified depending on model and weight but heres what i have for the "generic" Alto 660 cc variants here.
min spec to max spec
total toe -0.08mm to +0.24
FL Toe -0.04 to +0.12
FR Toe -0.04 to +0.12
FL camber 0 to 1
FR camber 0 to 1
Left caster 3 to 4
Right caster 3 to 4
rear toe and camber 0

camber and toe shows as adjustable on front, fixed rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts