Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed out their OEM headlights with TYC Aftermarket ones? Any opinions on them or another brand out there?

I have sanded and buffed and now have moisture on the inside....I have to replace the OEMs are gone...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max polished mine out last year and were OK, but now I have moisture inside and looking really bad, I don't know if it was the COLD winter or what but they have to be replaced. Best price TYC on EBay....free shipping...

Amazon has them and has lots of reviews, nothing negative...Hard to find anything used that is as old as this plastic is to be worth selling or buying.

Anyone else....????

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd be interested in some opinions too. THe reflectors have broken off mine, and will apparently not pass the next time over the pits, and these looked like a good option.

In looking at ROckAuto I see one listing specifically for RHD vehicles. Can anyone also confirm if there is a difference between the LHD and RHD ones, other than maybe being on opposite sides of the vehicle? :p

THanks!!

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
Left verses right hand style lamps use light projection at different angles, by design. Low beams to the side of the road slightly, high beams more straight ahead. ;)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
In looking at ROckAuto I see one listing specifically for RHD vehicles. Can anyone also confirm if there is a difference between the LHD and RHD ones, other than maybe being on opposite sides of the vehicle? :p

THanks!!
As Max stated. I notice you're in Australia - so you'll need the RHD version or else you'll be blinding other drivers. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ahh, of course, obviously.

That makes things more difficult; glad I checked though, shall start hunting again.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My new set is in Indy, IN....taken 2 weeks to get this far from CA!!! I am thinking that these are in short supply, seemed as if the seller on EBay had a hard time finding them? I will let you know how the fitament works when I receive them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TYC May Be OEM

The TYC's arrived, very impressed how they were boxed, made in Taiwan, removed and compared to OEM's and everything looked like the originals except all shiny and bright.

The TYC's have all the same wiring plugs for the turn signal and parking light bulbs and main headlight bulb. They actually come with new bulbs in them. Just unplug old and plug in new.

I found the problem with my old lights, they had separated on the edges of the lights where they were formed and easily letting water inside of them. In my opinion, running the DRL's caused to much heat build up inside the plastic and warped the housing, I now how my DRL's unhooked and no more worry about that, did not like my lights coming on without me turning them on.

I can't say enough about the TYC Lights, I purchase from EBay for about $86 each free shipping seller was koolzap. They just looked like TYC may have made the original housings for Suzuki/GM as everything was identical to the originals I removed and trashed.

Any other questions, let me know., looks like a new vehicle now....

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
I purchase from EBay for about $86 each free shipping seller was koolzap.
$75 each at RockAuto w/inexpensive shipping with a 5% (Google the code) discount added. ;)

Thanks for the quality critique!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Max, I never could justify the shipping costs the Rock Auto charged, much higher than EBay especially when it is free! Have you shipped anything lately? It is very expensive no matter how you send it especially a box as large as these new lights came in..

TYC-can't go wrong.....

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
RockAuto...

I just trial ordered a set of (same) Headlamp assemblies for giggles on their website.

$11.02 in shipping to SC. ;) 5% Googled discount code (2129683319199854)

$86.82 total, same as you.

And they stand behind their sales. E-bay...you takes your chances.

·
Super Moderator
19,084 Posts
I'm not trying to argue with you, just pointing out shopping alternatives. ;)

Same item, in stock for the a buck less ($85.09) and free shipping from a known trusted site.

TYC 20-6545-90 Suzuki Grand Vitara Passenger Side Headlight Assembly

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/TYC-20-6545-90-Passenger-Headlight-Assembly/dp/B002R1Q6BM[/ame]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered mine in locally in Aus, arrived yesterday.

Oddly they were 2 different brands.

The Depo light (I notice listed on eBay/Rock Auto) looks and feels very much like the OEM, I'd make many of the same comments Wynn1 made about his TYC. Very good quality.

The other assembly is by CASP. Made in Taiwan as well, but it is not an OEM clone, and looks and fells much cheaper.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Dawesius - where you find them in Australia?

PS: Strange you should order a pair and get differing brands/ quality.... Could you take back the "dodgy" one and ask for the same brand as the other light?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Suzispares.com.au

Super fast dispatch, pretty good pricing too, all things considered.

The CASP light didnt even fit the car properly, had to remove the locating pin from an old one and swap it in, definitely having a bit of a whinge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts