Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an 88 Samuria that has been having anissue with the turn signals not working for the past couple weeks. I have checked everything I can think of, including fuses and replacing the relay. The guy at the parts store said it was probably the switches so I bought the new switch and still no luck. I understand there may be another relay somewhere but haven't had any luck finding it. Any ideas on what this could be that's causing the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
Do the emergency flashers do the same thing or do they work correctly?

Checked all bulbs and grounds?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the flashers do the same thing. When I turn them on they are constant and accompanied by the buzzing.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ok, I'm not an electrical whiz but I recently had to deal with a similar issue that started when I installed some LED lights and had to use a special flasher. It worked great for several weeks but began intermittently doing a dim flickering always on thing like what you describe. Sometimes I would hit a bump and it would start working for a minute, or a week, or until I touched something under the dash.

What it ended up being was the fusebox, the fuse that fed the blinkers had trouble contacting the block terminals. I accidentally found it by pressing on fuses and relay while the key and blinkers were on. I touched one and they worked, release and it stopped again. A bit of cleaning the fuse box terminals involved cured the issue but my fusebox is not in great condition.

The buzzing is probably the flasher trying to work with inadequate juice, I never noticed any buzzing with mine after I went to the solid state flasher as there is no bi-metalic strip or moving parts. When the blinkers are buzzing I would bet you could touch the flasher unit and feel vibration.

I would suggest checking out the fusebox sockets for the blinker fuse and flasher and post the results. Do you have a schematic for the Samurai?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts