Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 geo tracker, about a month ago I was driving and went to use the turn signal and nothing happened, when I got home and checked the fuse it was blown and I put another one in and blew again, Ive looked at everything and could really use some help if anyone has any ideas, thank y’all for your Time

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
When did it blow - a) when you switched on the ignition? b) when you shifted into reverse? c) when you put on the left turn signal? d) when you put on the right turn signal?

We are not there, we cannot tell you where the short circuit is, YOU are going to have to find it yourself, or get an auto electrician to assist you - what are your electrical troubleshooting skills like? Do you have a test meter? do you know how to use one?

If the fuse blew immediately you switched on the ignition the short is between the fuse and the turn signal or reverse light switch.
If the fuse blew when you shifted into reverse, the short is after the reverse light switch - check the wiring at the lamp sockets.
If the fuse blew when you tried to use the turn signals, the short is after the turn signal switch - again check the wiring at the lamp sockets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts