Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so anyone figure out a way to turn off the daytime running lights? I know there has to be a way. I found this thread here that talks about how to do it on the aerio by unplugging a cable from a silver box and also found other threads on other Suzuki models witch just required finding the right plug to unplug. So any ideas on were it is on the sx4?:( The reason is i like wildlife and parks put its hard to sneak up on wildlife if your lights are on all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
a place to start

I understand what your mean, I don't like them all the time either. Here is an idea though:
I don't know if many people have discovered this yet or not but if you apply the emergency break they turn off. I don't know why but they do. So there has to be some switch in the e-break handle that either breaks the lights ground or power in the daytime lights circuit. However I am sure this is also what turns on the break warning light on the dash so be careful.

My advise, when you want to watch wildlife, apply the e-brake handle one click. At one click very little if any contact is being made by the rear break so no damage should occur. I just wouldn't go down the highway that way.

hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mrsteder said:
I understand what your mean, I don't like them all the time either. Here is an idea though:
I don't know if many people have discovered this yet or not but if you apply the emergency break they turn off. I don't know why but they do. So there has to be some switch in the e-break handle that either breaks the lights ground or power in the daytime lights circuit. However I am sure this is also what turns on the break warning light on the dash so be careful.

My advise, when you want to watch wildlife, apply the e-brake handle one click. At one click very little if any contact is being made by the rear break so no damage should occur. I just wouldn't go down the highway that way.

hope this was helpful.

yeah the e-break is atleast a workaround in parks. But i'm hoping someone knows of a switch somewhere were i can just unplug it like in the aerio and be done with it for good:) .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Come on now, Im not Mr. saftey but even I see the benefit to the DRL's. Dont un hook them, just do the ebrake thing like I do when Im working my security job at night. It works well and doesnt engauge the brakes at all.

Be smart, perhaps those anoying lights may save you from an accident some day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
check your fuses i know my old car had daytime running lights and i found a fuse that was just for them the reason i had to do that was because it was interfearing with my HID headlamps so i found the fuse and removed it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
theres a switch on the ebrake, within the center console thing, you can just rotate it so it doesnt make a connection, and the DRL's turn off, as if the ebrake handle was pulled up a bit. its what i did about a year ago, to save on my bulb life.

only downside is the ebrake light stays on, on the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 Suzuki XL7 Daytime Lights

yeah the e-break is atleast a workaround in parks. But i'm hoping someone knows of a switch somewhere were i can just unplug it like in the aerio and be done with it for good:) .
2004 Suzuki XL7. I understand that very little contact occurs with the rear brake shoes. But, why wear your shoes out when there has to be a way to turn these things off. The auto setting on the switch does not turn them off. These headlight assemblies are $300 each from the dealer. They crack from the inside out due to the heat created by these lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts